Introduction and Overview
In addition, please review the Services’ Terms of Service, which govern your use of the Services. Our Terms of Service include limits on our liability and your remedies, mandatory arbitration, and waiver of jury trial and class actions, and grant us rights from you. By using our Services, you agree to our Terms of Service and consent to us collecting, using and sharing your information and data, as well as other activities, as described below.
1. Personal Information We Collect
In this section, we explain what personal information we collect about you and how we collect it.
i. Information You Provide
You can use most of our Services without actively submitting any information about yourself, but you may choose to provide us with personal information through the Services, and when you do this, we will collect the personal information you provide. In particular:
- If you desire localised content, we will collect your postal code
- If you contact us about opportunities to partner with AfricaXP, we will collect information about you through our contact form, including your full name and email address. We may also collect any other information that you have provided to us in connection with such opportunities
- If you contact us through our user support channels, we will collect information about you including your full name, email address, and – optionally – information about your streaming device. We may also collect additional contact information, such as your mailing address, phone number, or any other information you provide to us
- If you sign up for our mailing lists, we will collect your email address.
ii. Information About Your Use of the Services
We automatically collect information about your use of the Services, such as the time of your visit. We also, for example, track the channels and content that individual users view, and gather other information about users’ viewing behaviour.
iii. Information from Third Parties
In some jurisdictions, we may collect information about your device or household from third parties. We will use this information to customise the content and advertisements that are shown to you.
1. Advertising and Analytics Services Provided By Others
2. Use of Information
We use the personal information we collect to analyse traffic and user activities on our Services, identify popular areas or features, and optimise and personalise the Services. This includes linking information we have gathered through various methods to provide you with a consistent experience on our Services. For example, we may suggest content or titles that may be of interest to you, organize your guide to show you channels or titles that we think are most relevant to you, and customise notifications or advertisements or other marketing communications on our Services or third-party sites and services.
We may also use the information we collect to:
- Respond to customer service requests
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, as well as to develop improved content and features
- Protect the rights and property of AfricaXP and others, for various purposes including the detection, investigation and prevention of fraud and other illegal activities and to enforce our agreements
- Further our marketing and advertising needs.
3. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We will not disclose your personal information to any unrelated third parties unless we have your consent to do so, except:
- With our own contracted service providers who we require to keep your personal information confidential
- If this is necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or compulsory process (for example, to respond to a subpoena)
- If we conclude that your actions violate our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of AfricaXP or others
- In connection with a merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business, provided that the receiving party agrees to protect your personal information in accordance with the commitments of this policy and applicable law
- With our parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
As noted above, we share personal information that does not directly identify you but that identifies your device, such as cookie identifiers, device identifiers, and IP addresses, through third-party cookies and similar technologies on our Services, to enable those third parties to provide us with analytics and advertising services.
4. Data Storage
We store the personal information we collect for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may also retain personal information as required by law.
5. Data Transfers
AfricaXP and our contracted service providers may need to transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, other countries where the laws may not provide the levels of protection of your personal information that are equivalent to the protections provided by the laws of your home country. When we need to do this, we will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an appropriate level of protection through contractual requirements imposed on recipients of the information.
6. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are a parent or guardian, and you believe that your child under the age of thirteen (13) has provided us with personal information without the required consent, please contact us at the email address listed in the Contact Us section below.
(a) Promotional Emails
You can opt out of receiving promotional emails by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of receiving promotional emails from us, we may still send you non-promotional emails.
(b) Mobile Push Notifications
When you have consented to us doing so, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
(c) Cookies and Similar Technologies
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies.
7. Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send a detailed message to our support team, and we will try to resolve your concerns, or you may contact our Privacy Officer at: email@example.com